Two children died in a fire on Udo Imuk street in the Eket local government area of ​​Akwa Ibom state.

PUNCH Subway They collected that the minors, six and three years old, were burned beyond recognition in the fire, which occurred around 7:00 p.m. on Friday.

Our correspondent learned that the children were locked in a room by their parents.

Neighbors said they had no idea the children were inside the room when they saw the fire burning the room.

The cause of the inferno had yet to be determined as of press time.

PUNCH Subwayduring a visit to the place on Saturday, he observed that there was no light source such as electrical connections, candle or gas cylinder, in the room.

The victims’ father, Prince Ekpo, said: “I left my phone to illuminate the children’s room, hoping to return shortly after my injection; my wife earlier went out to buy something.

“I came back and saw people gathered and found that my two children were burned to death and we don’t know the source of the fire.”

Also, while speaking to reporters, the owner, Bright Peter, said he did not yet know the origin of the fire.

He said: “We didn’t realize when the fire started; we only heard an explosion and while we went to check, the fire had emptied the room and spread to our rooms and lounges; we tried to remove our property, but serious damage had already been done.

“We called people to help us put out the fire and I told my brother that there were children in the room; but before we could reach them, they had been killed.”