Over the past eight years, Nigeria has witnessed dramatic changes that have reshaped our social, economic and political environment in negative ways. The solutions that were promised have been clearly incapable of putting food on our tables, or sustaining unity, peace and progress for the greater part of our people.
Across the country, lives and property of our citizens have been lost in communal clashes, some between longtime neighbors, that could have been handled by a compromised government.
- An insurgency in the northeast that we were promised would be wiped out in the APC’s first four years has persisted unchecked.
- In the midst of all this violence, the current government has remained silent and shown its inability to meet these challenges, even exhibiting extreme bias.
- Today, they still shamelessly claim that only they can solve problems that have obviously gotten worse.
- In the next elections, the decision to be made is obvious. Do we continue with the failed policies that made Nigeria economically, politically and socially, or do we change course and elect a leadership that has proven to be adequately prepared to meet these challenges?
- As we search for a leader who will provide resourceful solutions to lift Nigeria out of its current challenges, it is critical that our next president has a track record of building bridges connecting all the different groups that make up the Nigerian nation and must possess certain qualities that bespoke commitment. with the democratic principle in their private and public life, and in the way they delegate responsibilities.
- Unlike candidates who celebrate mentoring political disciples from their limited political space, Atiku’s mentorship cuts across the nation, regardless of ethnicity, religion, or geopolitical space.
- His appearance as a candidate is seen as the most awaited opportunity to reintroduce a government built on rich experience in economic management, and which is driven out of the sheer desire to instill democratic values, untainted by petty tribalism or nepotism, factors that have continually stifled Nigeria’s growth.
- Beyond his strong record of upholding democratic values, Atiku’s role in fostering one of the greatest periods of growth the Nigerian economy has ever seen speaks volumes about his ability to address our current crises.
- Atiku is the only presidential hopeful who has a verifiable record of probing the need to restructure the federal administration process for Nigeria to achieve sustainable peace, unity and progress.
- Atiku’s constant call for restructuring has now been accepted as the only condition for sustainable peace, unity and progress in Nigeria.
- He stands as the first presidential hopeful to genuinely seek a complete reassessment of our current tax arrangement to ensure fairness for all in a truly federal system.
- Atiku is on record as being the main mover in diverting 13% of oil revenues to oil-producing states. Atiku believes that no amount of resources is too much to sacrifice to allay feelings and fears of marginalization of any group in Nigeria.
- It is also a great merit for him that the 13% derivation principle is enshrined and sustained in the current constitution.
- Judging by Atiku Abubakar’s visions and his commitment to execute his visions for Nigeria’s development, a desire he has consistently pursued for many years, he remains the best man for the job in 2023.
- Atiku Abubakar’s intention to run for the office of president of the federal republic of Nigeria has rekindled the hopes of many.
Sponsored by the National Consciousness Movement.
Support PREMIUM TIMES journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. However, only good journalism can guarantee the possibility of a good society, a responsible democracy and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country, we ask that you consider making a modest support for this noble effort.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to keep journalism relevant and ensuring that it remains free and available to everyone.
TEXT AD: Call Willie – +2348098788999